Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s why:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We don’t mind if you can’t come sometimes – we understand that life is more important than choir!
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues around Melbourne. Some places we’ve performed are: The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Come along and see Glee Plus perform at the State Library of Victoria on July 9 at 1pm. For more info, check out the State Library’s website here.
Glee Plus are then heading to Hobart and will be performing at MONA and various venues as part of the Festival of Voices.
We’re planning our next season to run from mid-August until mid-November 2017 and will have all the information available as soon as we can (probably early July).
To sign up or for more information about Glee Plus, email Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org