Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s why:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We don’t mind if you can’t come sometimes – we understand that life is more important than choir!
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues around Melbourne. Some places we’ve performed are: The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
We’re going on an adventure and we’d love you to come too!
Our second season of Glee Plus for 2017 is culminating in our biggest adventure ever – a trip to Hobart to take part in Festival of Voices. Festival of Voices brings an incredible array of singing workshops and performances to Hobart every year and we’ll be taking part in pop-up performances and workshops around town.
Here’s the plan:
- We rehearse Saturday afternoons 4-6 from May 6 – July 8. Rehearsals are at The Butterfly Club.
- We do a performance in the stunning Cowen Gallery of the State Library of Victoria on July 9.
- We head to Tassie July 13-16. There will be a mix of pop-up performances, concerts and workshops that you can take part in. Check out the Festival of Voices performing choirs package here.
- You look after your own travel and accommodation – there are no coach trips or bunk bed accommodation at Glee Plus!
- The cost is $290 for Glee Plus which covers all your rehearsals and practice materials (there’s a 10% discount for returning Glee Plussers). You then need to purchase a singers ticket for Festival of Voices for $99.
If you’d like to register or need more info, just email Vicky here
If you’d like to come sing with Glee Plus but can’t make it to Tasmania, that’s absolutely fine. We’d still love to have you along for the season and you can do the Melbourne performance which will be heaps of fun too!
To sign up or for more information about Glee Plus, email Vicky at email@example.com