Glee Plus is a little different from ordinary choirs and here’s why:
- We work in short seasons towards a performance so you only have to commit for a couple of months at a time.
- We don’t mind if you can’t come sometimes – we understand that life is more important than choir!
- We work fast. We usually get through four or five songs in a rehearsal. If you feel like you missed a bit, we give you practice tracks and music so you can go over it yourself at home.
- We don’t have Tea Break in the middle of our rehearsals. We have Wine Time!
- No dusty church halls. We rehearse at the fabulous Butterfly Club in the CBD and perform at iconic venues around Melbourne. Some places we’ve performed are: MONA, The Melbourne Town Hall, The State Library of Victoria, The Old Melbourne Gaol, The Malthouse Theatre and Rippon Lea Historic Homestead and we’re always coming up with new and exciting ideas.
- No uniforms. We’d rather you wear clothes that you feel comfortable and confident in.
- No auditions and no experience necessary. We understand that singers will all have different strengths and experiences so give you all the practice tools you need to participate fully.
- No touchy-feely. You don’t need to tell us your ‘journey’ or why you like to sing. We understand that singing is important to everyone in a different way and get on with the actual singing!
Our next round of Glee Plus kicks off on Saturday August 19.
It’s titled Glee Plus Love the Cabaret and will be under the direction of cabaret superstar, Chelsea Plumley.
We’ll be singing lots of music theatre faves, kooky cabaret numbers and even include a little circusy twist!
We’ll be kicking off on August 19 and working towards a performance on Sunday November 26 at the fabulous Melba Spiegeltent in Collingwood.
Rehearsals will be on Saturdays 4-6pm at The Butterfly Club with breaks for the school holidays and Melbourne Cup weekend.
The cost for this season will be $270 with a 10% discount for returning Plussers.
To sign up or for more information about Glee Plus, email Vicky at firstname.lastname@example.org